Stress can be seen both positively and negatively. For some stress means working hard, meeting deadlines and more success, for others it means lack of motivation, too much to handle and burnout. This programme will help you understand the positives and negatives of stress. As well as this, we’ll look at how to gain the most from stressful situations and use it to boost you to success.
- Psychoeducation – what is stress? where does it come from?
- Fight, flight or freeze response
- Impact of stress on life and its influence on different aspects of life (social, emotional, education, career)
- Interventions – managing stress, awareness of own capabilities
- Tips and tricks – relaxation strategies, planning/timetabling/prioritising, managing oneself
- Relapse prevention